Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Common Misconception About Smoking

MYTH: "Mild cigarettes are a healthier option."
FACT: They are no less harmful. It's also important to look at how you smoke; if you take heavy puffs on a low-tar cigarette, you'll take in a large amount of nicotine.

MYTH: "I might over-dose on nicotine through NRT (nicotine replacement therapy)."
FACT: If you use NRT as directed, you will absorb less nicotine than you would from cigarettes.

MYTH: "I don't smoke much so I'm not addicted."
FACT: Addiction can be judged by "time to first cigarette." If you're heavily addicted, you'll need a cigarette within the first 30 minutes of waking up.

MYTH: "I'll gain weight if I quit."
FACT: You might be tempted to replace cigarettes with food once you've quit, but avoid this trap. Regular exercise and healthy eating will keep those kilos away.

3 comments:

  1. guess what...i'll lost weight if i stop smoking. funny right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoking is bad.. bad.. bad.. bad...

    and its expensive. Better spend the money on food or other sort of entertainment. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>> Jerine <<<
    Maybe bcoz' you keep on eating when you stop smoking? LOL~ Nvm.. Do it slowly.. ;)

    >>> cdason <<<
    Yea.. That's why I always ask my-bf-to-be to quit smoke if he really want to be with me as I allergy to the smoke. :p

    Cheers,
    ---Sweet Lavender---

    ReplyDelete